The role of the Assistant Merchandiser is to get the right stock for a specific category at the right place and at the right time. The role is forward planning and trading of stock to allow our client to provide an enticing product selection to their customers at all times whilst maximising their commercial potential.
Our Client are a home and leisure retail business based in West London. who are the largest in their field. They currently hold 150 stores across the UK and are looking to continually grow and develop their business therefore providing unique and specialist opportunities throughout their company.
The role of an Assistant Merchandiser will include:
- Stock management - orders the correct quantity of stock to arrive at the right place at the right time
- Investigating and reporting on stock - monitors stock availability and responds to variances against planned stock intake/sales etc
- Team collaboration
- Supplier Management - order from Suppliers and manage a supply base to effectively deliver on commercial goals
- Market understanding - understanding the key trends and buying patterns across competitors to make sure maximising the potential commercial offering
My client are looking for an assistant merchandiser who -
- Has drive for results and is aware of delivery targets
- Thinks beyond their job
- Considers how to balance and trade off sales, stock and profit
- Has experience in data analysis
- Has good knowledge of Work, Excel and PowerPoint
Competitive salary + package.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/77604098