Server/Virtualisation Engineer- (£70,000-£90,000) + benefits + pension
A leading UK financial services business is currently seeking a Server/Virtualisation Engineer to join their team in Southampton. For this opportunity they are seeking an individual who is keen to take ownership and feel accountable for the results with the capability to communicate with both technical and senior audiences.
The successful candidate will be required to use their high energy and drive to develop and proactively improve the server and virtualisation platform builds and automation systems.
- Provide technical guidance covering the server estate and the virtualisation platform
- Produce and maintain the standard core builds for the Windows Server estate and the VMware, vSphere platform
- Deliver engineering support to both the architecture and infrastructure design teams
- Work with the IT operations team, providing a technical overview to the incident resolution process
- Carry out Automation of builds to reduce time to market and repeatability
- In depth knowledge and practical exposure to Windows Server engineering and operations
- Experience of scripting and automation
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical exposure to VMware, vSphere engineering and operations
- Strong knowledge of monitoring and management tools (including SCOM, SCCM)
- Solid understanding of Clustering technologies
This leading financial services business has over 18 million customers in the UK and worldwide. They offer excellent career development opportunities providing each individual the opportunity to grow within the organisation.
Please contact Joshua Cooper on ************* or email him at ******************************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959524044