Chief Engineer / Head of Engineering
The Company and the Role:
The Company has been operating for over 40 years and they supply, install, commission and maintain both digital and analogue radio communication systems and is one of the UK's leading independent radio distributors.
They have achieved unrivalled growth in the sector including the supply of radio equipment to UK fire and rescue services, and the supply and maintenance of equipment to the Ministry of Defence in Germany, Gibraltar and Cyprus.
Currently seeking a Chief Engineer / Head of Engineering to be based at their site in North West London. The position is permanent.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the Chief Engineer / Head of Engineering will have responsibility for all aspects of the engineering function of the company including the training and management of the engineering department comprising twelve members of staff.
Key Features of the Role:
- Daily planning for completion of field engineering tasks, including preparation of all technical and Health & Safety documentation
- Daily technical and project planning support for the company's sales team
- Forward planning and organization of all engineers for pager duties and overseas travel
- Reporting and efficiency analysis of electronic time sheet management for the company's engineers
- Co-operative work with the operations department for planning and delivery of sales orders
- Ongoing training and development of the engineering department
- Review, development and implementation of engineering standard operating procedures
- Attendance of weekly management meetings and completion of the actions that arise from them
- Upholding engineering standards across the department; including site visits, system inspections and document reviews
- Support of the sales team for tender submissions; to include technical input, engineering planning and customer meetings
- Ensure that all required documentation is correctly used and filed by both the sales and engineering departments to operate within the guidelines of the company's ISO accreditations.
Knowledge and Skills:
The successful candidate will have a background in communications engineering, preferably radio communications with experience in Motorola and Hytera solutions.
Have had responsibility for managing both field and workshop based engineers spread across the UK and experience of project planning and management, from tendering to project initiation, design and delivery.
Have experience of PMR/DMR products, RF installation and experience of fault finding across a multitude of telecommunication platforms.
Ideally have experience in Tetra / DMR tier 3 and IP Networking, ideally supported by IP networking qualifications and some project management qualification.
Have excellent written and telephone communication skills.
Have good planning and organisational skills, able to prioritise work and meet deadlines and able to cope under pressure.
Be process and procedure driven with a keen eye for attention to detail.
Able to manage change and able to work on own initiative and as part of a successful team.
Be IT / PC literate with good working knowledge of MS office including Outlook.
Hold a full UK driving licence and either hold a CRB or being willing/able to obtain one.
What's on Offer:
Basic salary is £50 -60k per annum depending upon experience and skill set. In addition there are call out and overseas allowances payable.
In addition, there is a company car type tbc or alternatively a car allowance. Other benefits include 21 days paid holiday rising to 25 accruing from length of service plus bank and public holidays, life assurance of 4 times basic salary, compulsory pension provision , Medical Insurance after 2 years, laptop and mobile phone.
Please do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Engineering Manager with experience of radio communications.
4exMilitary receives an overwhelming number of CV's /Resumes each day, and each one is reviewed personally by a Consultant. Our pre-selection process is very thorough in order to meet the specific requirements of our clients.
If your details meet the criteria set by our client, then we will contact you regarding the position. If you are not contacted by us, then please assume that your application has not been successful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and should another suitable or matching vacancy become available then we will contact you.
We highly recommend you "Like" or "Follow" our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.
4exMilitary Jobs Ltd is at the forefront of supplying military leavers and ex-military personnel working in logistics and supply chain, facilities management, catering, hospitality and life support services, military and defence support services, aviation and aerospace, IT and telecoms, fuel supply and distribution, security, retail, wholesale and PX, QA / QC and food safety, health and safety, HR, training and instructors, wealth management, engineering and construction, naval, port and marine- Worldwide!
We frequently manage confidential appointments on behalf of our clients, many of which are not advertised.
If you are about to leave the Armed Forces or are ex-military seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521659