Content Writer x 2 / 6 month FTC
Sumner & Scott are looking to recruit 2 x Content Writers for a 6 month fixed term contract, with a major UK retailer, based in London.
Purpose of the Job:
This will be a varied role where you’ll be responsible for briefing, creating, publishing and maintaining content to sit across a range of platforms (online and in-store). The role will give you the ability to create engaging content which supports all customer journeys – from “find & get” to “discover” missions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing department with big ambitions, playing a key part in the set up and establishment of a new content function.
You will possess attention to detail, creativity and the ability to motivate yourself and others to deliver high quality content experiences. Ultimately driving visits, conversion, sales and brand perception measures.
· Act as the content lead for the briefing, creation, production, publishing and maintenance of all marketing content (category, promotional, seasonal, services) to agreed timelines
· Work collaboratively with the web trading, product information and marketing teams to deliver high quality content that meets objectives
· Ensure all content is delivered to a high standard by working closely with the operations and quality teams
· Build creative, engaging content by establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with the studio team
· Utilise external agencies to ensure all content delivered is SEO optimised
· Build and maintain strong relationships with external agencies to brief and create video content and user generated content
· Use Adobe Omniture to analyse, understand and continually improve the content being created as well as feeding opportunities and ideas into the broader Customer Experience development team
· Maintain content standards, following content and brand guidelines alongside maintaining knowledge of content best practices
· Attend meetings as Content team representative
· Confident presentation of content schedule, plans and brief to peers and senior members of the team – ability to articulate rationale behind content creation to get approval
· Support the Head of Content with the execution of the content strategy across all categories, channels and mediums
· Support the Head of Content in the management and planning of the content schedule to ensure content is launched in line with the promotional calendar
· Support broader Customer Experience team to create content for new initiatives and developments
Knowledge Skills and Experience
· Previous experience within a multi-channel retail environment is desirable
· Have at least 1 years’ experience in a similar role
· Excellent copywriting skills
· Good knowledge of Excel / Word / Powerpoint
· Experience of CMS tools
· Experience of DAM tools
· Knowledge of usability / accessibility best practices
· Basic knowledge of Analytic & Insight tools
· High attention to detail
· Highly organised with excellent time management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, calm under pressure
· Ability to network and build effective relationships across the business
· Ability to work well within a team
· Self-motivated and passionate
· Able to communicate clearly and succinctly to other departments and teams
We create an experience based on honesty, efficiency and integrity and having expertise within this niche means that we will give you realistic solutions to your recruitment needs.