DevOps Technical Lead - London
DevOps Technical Lead - London
DevOps Technical Lead required in Central London by a global media organisation.
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong technical leadership and customer facing skills
- Strong team leadership and leading by example
- Continuous Integration & Deployment: expert knowledge of principles and implementation
- Extensive experience of Cloud Computing preferably AWS
- Automation technologies: Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Chef, Jenkins
- Containerisation: Docker, Docker SWARM, Nomad, Kubernetes and ECS/ECR
- Version Control Systems: Gitlab, Git, Subversion
- RedHat, Centos or Debian Linux administration
- Administration and configuration of UNIX applications
- Application load balancers and DNS name resolution
- Java Development - able to write simple programs
- Maven 2 - POM creation, hierarchies, dependency management, repository management (Artifactory), version numbering, snapshots, assemblies, archetypes (desirable)
- Python, Perl and/or bash scripting experience
- At least 4 years Automation and Configuration Management in an Enterprise or Cloud environment
- At least 2 years’ experience as a team leader
- 1-2 years DevOps and CI/CD Pipeline implementation
- 1-2 years Containerization and Container Scheduler implementation
Installing, configuring and maintaining continuous integration, automation and configuration management toolsWorking with the developers and operations to create a fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projectsWorking closely with customer Architecture, Development, Test, Security and IT Services teamsDeveloping scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Ansible, Terraform, Bamboo, Docker, Maven, Python and BashImplementing and developing solutions enabling Development and Operations teams to build, deploy, monitor and test applications and environmentsImplementing monitoring and reporting solutions across a range of environments and platformsEvaluating and advising on cloud and containerization solutionsCreate environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant, Ansible and TerraformEnsuring the teams delivery of customer requirements within a dynamic environment
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Technical Lead who is passionate about using container scheduling, AWS, Bamboo, Ansible, Terraform and Docker to deliver a world class cloud based continuous integration and deployment environment for a leading media company.
As a DevOps Technical Lead you'll have a brilliant understanding of cloud and architecting for the cloud, as well as understanding how to best shape the services our client requires; focusing on automation, decoupling, self-service and containerisation.
Must have a confident, diplomatic approach with strong Linux administration and hard-core automation skills. The successful candidate will be working on-site leading an existing team promoting self-service and automation to customer development teams
In order to be considered, please send CV ASAP stating current package and availability details.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77612333