System Administrator / DevOps - Linux, Ansible, MySQL, Rundeck
System Administrator / DevOps - Linux, Ansible, MySQL, Rundeck required to join a global biomedical research organisation within their agile and cross functional technical team. As the Systems Administrator / DevOps you will be responsible for the health and operations of the Linux / DevOps toolset with regards to upgrades, new releases, technical guide & support to the team. Salary: Up to £46k pa + Excellent Benefits. Central London.
Your responsibilities as the System Administrator / DevOps:
- Supporting a variety of different technical tools such as Ansible, Rundeck, Solarwinds, AD, VMware; as well as new technology areas with a view to standardising the approaches across the different DevOps toolsets
- Daily monitoring of the systems; identify and implement the best technical solutions, system upgrades, as well as seeking innovative ways to simplify and where possible automate system administration tasks
- Provide the web, app and database teams with technical guidance across the different technologies used as well as changes to processes due to upgrades, thus ensuring everyone is fully aware of the importance
Your profile will look something like this:
- A solid background in Linux Sysadmin and experience of working in a multi-platform environment (Linux/Windows)
- Experience in technical collaboration with peers in respect to maintaining an application infrastructure and the documentation of standard operating procedures
- A quick learner of new technologies and able to provide technical guidance on how to use this to the rest of the team
Tech stack used in this role - Linux, Ansible, Rundeck, Vagrant or Terraform, Spacewalk (or similar), Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, Nginx, Perl, Shell scripts, Windows, VMware (will consider Hyper-V or KVM), AD/Active Directory, Solarwinds (will consider Nagios or Zabbix).
As the System Administrator / DevOps you will receive hands on technical training as well as a structured career development path and excellent benefits ranging from:
- 31 days' annual leave (includes 3 annual privilege days) plus 8 days' bank holidays
- Contribution Pension
- Life Assurance
- Season Ticket Loans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Eating Out & Technology discount vouchers and much more
Interested? Apply today in complete confidence or contact Kelly Strong at Inspire People for further information.
Inspire People is an employment agency providing services to candidates and clients.
Sysadmin, "systems administration", "systems administration", "systems administration", "system administration", "system administration", "system administration", "DevOps administrator", "WebOps Linux", CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Ansible, Terraform, Docker, Rundeck, "run deck", Vagrant, Spacewalk, "space walk", Apache, MySQL, MariaDB, Nginx, Perl, "Shell scripts", Windows, VMware, Hyper-V, KVM, AD, "Active Directory", Solarwinds, "solar winds", Nagios, Zabbix, "Linux Systems Administrator / DevOps", DevOps, WebOps, "System administrator", "System administrator", "Systems Administrator"
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521719