ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER - READING
Are you passionate and committed to delivering amazing customer service? ... Then come and join the Revolution!
At Metro Bank we are looking for talented, entrepreneurial Assistant Store Managers who display outstanding qualities that are in keeping with our values of providing genuinely professional and amazing customer service alongside a strong emphasis on effective teamwork, professional management and inspirational leadership.
You'll often be the first point of contact for our customers, so you will take every opportunity to turn a potential customer into a fan!
With ambitious growth targets and a plan to open 150 Stores by 2020, we offer a truly unique opportunity and a potentially fast paced and exciting career.
Right from the start, we'll give you full training and great support, and as a minimum you will need to have a proven track record at supervisory level, within retail banking. Ideally, you will have had previous experience as an Assistant Store/Branch Manager for a large City or Flagship store or have been a Store/Branch Manager for a smaller concern. You must also have sound knowledge of financial products.
Your responsibilities will include supporting the Store Manager in providing supervision of the team and performance of all operational duties and assume complete responsibility in their absence. You will be expected to co-ordinate team schedules and provide leadership to Cashiers and Customer Service Representatives.
You'll also need to be able to balance building relationships with your customers with attention to detail - we are a bank after all!
In return we will make sure that you're well rewarded, with a competitive salary, generous holiday allowance, non-contributory pension scheme, and bonus scheme.
This is what the job will involve:
- Delivering amazing customer service each and every day
- The full operational running of the Store, in deputy of the Store Manager
- Management of Cashiers and Customer Service Representatives
- Participating in our events (including Kids Rock, Dogs Rule, Grand Openings, Metro Money Zone)
- Supporting in busier periods with account opening, store standards and greeting of customers
And we are looking for someone who is able to do all these wonderful things:
- Have previous management experience within retail banking, managing teams of 5+ FTE
- Be comfortable with having full operational accountability of the Store
- Display communication skills that are second to none
- Be 100% flexible to work a variety of shift patterns over the 7 days Metro Bank are open (including Saturdays and Sundays)