We are seeking experienced Test Analysts with a proven track record in software delivery to join our talented team and demonstrate a passion for software testing and Quality Assurance. The Test Analyst will need to be technically competent, with excellent problem-solving and communication skills. They will be responsible for designing, developing, and executing tests in line with agreed plans and strategies for Hargreaves Lansdown, a market leading FTSE100 Financial Services company based in Bristol.
This is a vital role within the test department with manual & automated functional testing of existing applications and databases. As a member of a large, but highly collaborative, dynamic test department, the Test Analyst will be asked to provide mentoring, leadership, and direction to other team members, as well as ensuring the quality of the team’s output is of a consistently high standard. There is opportunity to work on small projects as well as large programmes with diverse solutions architecture.
This role requires an enthusiastic & committed individual who wishes to progress within the organisation.
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design and manage Test Cases for Test Execution in all phases in the SDLC.
- Assist Test Managers with day to day activities
- Provide weekly project reports to Project Stakeholders
- Analyse business or functional requirements to produce Test estimates
- Accurately report & prioritise defects
- Support UAT Test phase
- Execute test cases under pressurised deadlines
- Drive process improvements.
- Liaise with Performance Test Team on releases.
- Collaborate with project stakeholders and associated delivery teams in resolution of issues or defects
Essential Skills and Attributes:
- Grade C or above in Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent)
- Educated to AS / A Level (or equivalent)
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (or equivalent)
- Test Case Design Techniques
- Knowledge of telecoms or financial services
- Ability to use MS Office products including Excel and Word
- At least 3 years’ experience in Software Testing
- Designing test scripts from business and technical specifications
- Adhering to project plans
- Reporting defects and liaising with various teams to ensure successful resolution
- Reporting defects using a Test Management tool, (Quality Centre, Jira, Silk Central)
- Working in an Agile or V-Model delivery Methodology
- Strong communicator (written and verbal)
- Good attention to detail
- Highly organised
- Effective management of own workload
- Ability to work well in a team
- Patient, diligent and diplomatic
- Willingness to learn and develop
- Strong character
- Ability to work and perform in a high pressurised environment
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Presentable, professional appearance
- Proactive, resourceful, and able to use initiative
Desirable Skills and Attributes:
- Degree educated
- ISTQB Intermediate
- ITIL Foundation
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Tools
- Mobile Apps and Mobile Software Testing tools
- Working on large scale projects or programmes
- Selenium Webdriver, Java, Automated Testing frameworks
- Load runner
- Experience of working with Finance or Billing systems
- Mainframe Systems
- Oracle Database
Hargreaves Lansdown is an inclusive working environment and values diversity in its workforce. As part of your application we would be grateful if you could complete an equal opportunities section. The information will be used solely for diversity monitoring purposes and is not visible to the person reviewing your application form.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77600747