Head of Data Protection
*** Head of Data Protection - Permanent - Horsham, West Sussex ***
*** Salary up to 46,000 + 5000 car allowance ***
Our client, based in Horsham, West Sussex is currently recruiting for a Head of Data Protection to join their fantastic company on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will manage and oversee all work relating to monitoring compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other data protection legislation and delivering a professional advisory service to the. You will work collaboratively with and act as the companies contact point and escalation point for supervisory/regulatory authorities, including the Information Commissioner`s Office.
- Management of a Data Protection Manager and oversee the overall data protection team
- Manage and build strong, effective working relationships with external regulatory / supervising authorities
- Ensure that all enquiries from supervising authorities such as the Information Commissioners Office are promptly identified and thoroughly investigated and responded to within regulatory timescales
- Ensuring that appropriate and timely corrective and preventative actions are taken when data protection breaches occur
- Provide subject matter expert guidance to Directors and other senior managers to support information and data protection strategy
- Keep company up to date with extremely important regulatory and data protection legislation and issues. Where necessary promote training on related matters
- Develop and deliver regular reports on risks associated with potential non-compliant activities
- Ensure that the Data Protection function is approachable for all individuals and teams within the company. Help to bridge the gap between the Data Protection team and the rest of the business
Key skills and attributes:
- Proven track record working within a Managerial / Head of Data Protection role is essential
- Proven track record of liaising and building relationships with external regulatory and supervising authorities is essential
- Any experience working collaboratively with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) is highly advantageous
- The ability to promote best practice across an entire business and roll out new regulatory changes is essential
- Proven experience keeping up to date with compliance, data protection and other regulatory legislation is essential
- The ability to understand complex data protection issues and put into place resolutions or approaches to overcome issues
For more information please contact Georgia Harris at Clearwater People Solutions or apply as directed.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.
Keywords: Data Protection / GDPR / Compliance / Legislation / Head of Data Protection / Data Protection Manager / Crawley / Horsham / West Sussex / Gatwick / Haywards Heath / Surrey / Sussex
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77603655