Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working in partnership with a bespoke, furniture manufacturing business in the Derbyshire area. Due to significant and sustained growth within the business, they are looking for a strong Operations Manager to join their expanding team.
Michael Page Engineering and Manufacturing are working with a large manufacturing business in Derbyshire, who are currently seeking an Operations Manager to join the team. The business pride themselves on manufacturing specialist products of the highest specification; this has led to high levels of customer satisfaction and subsequent business growth.
The Operations Manager of the Derbyshire business will have the following key responsibilities:
- To control all aspects of site Operations, from planning and manufacturing to purchasing and logistics
- Implementing a continuous improvement culture, but upskilling the workforce with knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques
- Driving KPIs across the business to secure the high levels of productivity required to meet ambitious growth targets
- Providing strong leadership to the manufacturing team, to ensure business goals are effectively communicated across all levels
- Ensuring on site health and safety protocols are in place and consistently followed
The successful candidate will have the following attributes:
- Degree educated, or equivalent experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Excellent knowledge of LEAN manufacturing and experience of implementing methodologies within a manufacturing setting - Six Sigma qualification preferred
- Strong leadership with 5-6 years' experience at Operations level
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a fast paced, industrial manufacturing setting
Competitive salary plus pacakage, and opportunity for the right candidate to reach director level in three years
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959521798