Retail Solution Architect (Point of Sale, Pre-Sales, Retail)
Solutions Architect – Retail and Payments
£65,000-£75,000 per annum. + Bonus + Car allowance
80% of this role will be spent travelling around Retail client sites in the UK & Ireland - with 1 day per week in Berkshire.
The Solutions Architect will provide thought leadership, innovation and detailed solution design to customers, and develop a detailed understanding of the UK Retail sector and our offerings in that sector.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with Retail and Banking Solutions with experience in IT.
Ideally we are looking for someone who has come from ideally a SW / Consultant business providing services to retails or from a retailer in a similar role. In either case you should have worked in multiple roles across a number of areas / retails to ensure a breadth of experience.
- To manage relations with software architects, developers, operational personnel and technology leadership (CTO, CIO, Directors etc.) within prospect organisations.
- To proactively liaise with sales leads to ensure a complete personal understanding of the client requirement and business issues to be addressed by any sales proposals involving service delivery
- To lead solution architecture design, to include the technical infrastructure requirements, application development or customisation requirements, system integration aspects etc
- To document and present the solution architecture to the client and take a leading role in the application design and integration aspects of the solution
- To develop internal project estimates and cost models for the solutions proposed to the client
- To create “value propositions” of the proposed solutions for Sales and other employees to articulate in a consistent format to the client
- To provide assistance to prospects with choosing the right set of Products and designing the appropriate Application-integration.
- To position technology correctly while providing prospects/customers with a framework and methodology for evaluating technology and an assessment of product fit to the customer's enterprise/application's architectural needs.
- To maintain a high level of commercial and technical understanding of the relevant business area and technical specialism and to be able to provide support and guidance to more junior team members.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77552792