Financial Crime Manager
Our client is a well-regarded financial services business who are currently recruiting for a Financial Crime Manager. The role will be responsible for leading, managing, and developing a team of Financial Crime professionals within the business under the three lines of defence operational risk model.
- Ensure timely and constructive feedback and coaching is provided to team members
- Effective management and utilisation of Financial Crime prevention systems and/or associated tools to optimum capacity and efficiency
- Ensure the Financial Crime Unit staff accurately detect, monitor, investigate and compliantly report unusual account and transactional activity and patterns that are suspected of constituting a suspicious matter under relevant AML/CTF legislation
- Ensure the Financial Crime Team staff conducts appropriate screening for Politically Exposed Person’s (PEP’s) and sanctioned individuals as required under relevant AML/CTF legislation.
- Make sure the Financial Crime Team compliance and adherence to all company policies and procedures and all other legal requirements
- Drive a compliant and ethical culture across the team
- Liaise with relevant Law Enforcement entities and associated 3rd parties as required per any legal processes
- Identify key Financial Crime risk gaps and concerns and work to initiate and execute programs to monitor and close the gaps
- Experience in Financial Crime Risk Management within the financial services industry
- Experience acting as the Approved Person performing controlled functions within a financial services environment as per FCA requirements
- Experience managing AML and Counter Terrorism Financing operations within a financial services environment.
- Experience of wing to wing management.