Scala Developer Building a state of the art navigation system
Scala Developer – Building a state of the art navigation system
Would you like to be involved in creating a state of the art navigation system aiming to map and cover one of the largest cities in the world?
This organisation are a heavily backed start-up venture who are aiming to grow progressively and produce innovative, market leading software.
What you’ll tell your friends you do:
“I work on a state of the art navigation system, I use the latest functional languages and technologies combined with cloud computing technology. When you travel around the city, it’s my work that makes this a seamless experience!”
How you’ll do it:
- You will work with complex algorithms, creating, tweaking and implementing these.
- You’ll be comfortable working at scale on fast paced projects.
- You’ll collaborate closely with other engineers to combine ideas and create innovative solutions.
- Conduct deep dives into new and existing code bases to target improvements and bugs.
- Carry ideas all the way from inception to production and take responsibility for large projects.
What you’ll need/use:- You will work with Scala as your weapon of choice utilising both Play and Akka Actors.
- You will be comfortable with Java code and aren’t scared by the proposal of complex algorithmic challenges.
- A Computer Science degree or similar would stand you in good stead, allowing a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77586554