Defence Cost Negotiator
Carpenters is a leading provider of claims services to the insurance industry and their customers. The range of services extends from receiving notification of a cracked windscreen at one end of the spectrum, to the conduct of a multi-million pound catastrophic injury claim at the other.
On the legal side Carpenters have built a reputation for an ethical approach to personal injury litigation ensuring that the individual receives the best possible advice and the maximum compensation possible. We have a strong team of experienced lawyers who provide jargon-free advice in a customer friendly fashion.
The position will involve working alongside the firms Defendant Department - reviewing and negotiating Claimants costs, predominantly RTA.
Negotiating on bills and schedules served, preparing points of dispute, liaising with both internal and external Draftsman, and an element of administration work.
- Manage a caseload of RTA costs Defence cases.
- Ensure that the quality of work produced is to the highest standard.
- Reviewing cost schedules/bills with a view to negotiating Claimants costs and settling costs files
- Negotiating settlement of costs for defendant cost matters to protect the interests of our insurer client.
- Handling MOJ conduct matters and areas of dispute against Claimant solicitors & cost draftsman.
- Preparing any relevant Points of Dispute
- Dealing with Detailed Assessment proceedings
- Dealing with third party solicitors and insurers on a day to day basis over the phone, email and letter.
- Maintaining the highest client care standards.
- Administrative duties within the department.
- Arranging and preparing Bills for work done to the insurers, once costs have been agreed.
Experience and Knowledge
- A working knowledge of claims and the costs process
- Must be used to dealing with cases requiring a prompt turnaround.
- Good commercial awareness and a professional attitude.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a team.
- Good IT skills, including excel and experience of using a case management system.
- Medicash after passing 6 month probation (Includes a vast range of discounts including retail discounts, contract phone discounts and many other discounts for both the high street and online. Medicash also offers the option to claim back medical expenses spent up to a certain value)
- Flexible Working dependant on the role requirements
- Childcare vouchers
- Discounted gym membership after passing 6 month probation
- Pension Scheme
- Death in Service
- Free Fruit on Monday’s
- Subsidised social events