Lecturer in Animal Science
Job title: Lecturer in Animal Science
Location: Peripatetic (Based mainly at Crystal Palace)
Salary: £19,145 to £34,239 plus £1,928 London Weighting
Capel Manor College is London’s only Specialist College for land-based studies and an internationally renowned learning resource for all those interested in Horticulture, Animal Management, Saddlery, Arboriculture, Floristry, Garden Design, Countryside and the Environment.
The College are currently looking for a Lecturer in Animal Science, who will be delivering and co-ordinating the assessment of a range of subjects related to Animal Management subjects to appropriate examination body standards, including both centre and work-based learning.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributing to the teaching programme of the College to include its centres across London as appropriate in liaison with college personnel
- Acting as a personal/year/course tutor as required
- Liaising with academic staff and college managers with regard to the College's Self-Assessment process
- Maintaining and contributing to a quality service
- Maintaining a safe and healthy working environment in accordance with the College's health and safety policies and procedures
- Operating within the College's Equal Opportunities framework to achieve targets
The successful candidate will be highly organised, with excellent communication skills at all levels and able to work on own initiative and as part of a team. You will be able to instruct and assess practical skills and have an active interest in the use of ILT to improve access learning.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- HND, degree or similar in a science or animal related discipline.
- Teaching qualification (support will be given to gain accreditation.)
- A commitment to and enthusiasm for the teaching and guidance of students at all levels
- Familiarity with Information Learning Technology applications
What’s in it for you?
Capel Manor offers a unique working environment with a range of benefits including:
- Access to the Teachers’ Pension Scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Superb staff development opportunities
This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and barring list check as it is within regulated activity due to the college being defined as a ‘specified place’. The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.
Capel Manor College aims to employ a workforce which reflects the community it serves. Therefore applications from minority groups are welcomed. Where applicants indicate they have a disability and meet the essential criteria in the person specification, they will be short-listed for interview.
All staff are expected to contribute to a welcoming, supportive and professional learning environment by being familiar with the student code of conduct; building an appropriate rapport with students; praising positive behavior and will be expected to challenge any ineffective behavior.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on ‘Apply’ and complete an online application form.
Closing date is 20 th November 2017
To apply, please follow the job board application instructions to submit your CV. You will then be sent an email directing you to the College Careers Portal to complete your application.