This company is a growing information and communications technology (ICT) consultancy with a reputation for innovation and quality, and a strong customer base. We are looking to recruit top calibre IT graduates who are interested in challenging and exciting roles. We will train you in our specialty of ICT capacity and performance management, and provide you with industry-recognised qualifications and consultancy skills training. You will quickly be utilised on customer engagements and there is the opportunity for rapid career progression.
The role is full time, and will be located in the companies head office in London.
You will be a self-starter, diligent and an individual who has a track record of managing their own workload. You will be an effective communicator and a strong problem solver who can work independently, with support available when required.
You will understand how the success of large businesses are dependent on stable and scalable IT systems. You will be highly numerate and will be able to demonstrate a methodical approach to work. An ability to understand business requirements and their impact on ICT systems and services is key to this role, as well as the ability to present coherent logical ideas in high-pressure situations.
Some examples of the projects their graduates have helped deliver include:
- Performance engineering of e-commerce systems that support 20,000 concurrent users
- Demand and supply modelling of IT systems that process 1,000 requests per second
- Infrastructure consolidation modelling to reduce annual spend by $26 million
- Automated analytics of IT server estates of over 40,000 servers
Due to the customer-facing nature of the business, you will have to have excellent written and spoken English abilities. Although initially based at their London office you may also be required to work their customer sites at various locations around the UK and possibly abroad.
About the role
The Graduate IT Consultant will provide support to our key business activities, in the following areas
- Reduction of capacity and performance risk in business-critical IT systems
- Reduction of cost in business-critical IT systems
The following skills would be desirable:
- Microsoft Office packages
- Data analysis using Microsoft Excel (to advanced level)
- Windows or Unix/Linux operating systems (to basic level)
The following skills would be advantageous:
- Understanding of the principles of ICT capacity and performance management
- Understanding of Queuing Theory
- Understanding of Regression Analysis
- Principles of Risk Management
- Performance testing skills
- Experience with Jmeter or LoadRunner performance testing tool packages
- Java, C#/.NET, or Python
- Experience with RDMS systems e.g. MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle
If you would like to be considered for the role within this company, you must have an Upper second class degree or higher in one of the following areas