Trainee Assistant Accountant
We’re an award-winning healthcare and protection insurance specialist, offering simple cover so you can protect what matters the most.Protect tomorrow today.
We pride ourselves on making insurance simple and transparent. Combining excellent insurance products with an independently assessed 5-Star service at every touch point, always aiming to ensure we deliver on the promises we make with award winning results. Ensuring we value every member of our team seeking to maximise the potential that everyone brings with them.
The Exeter is based on the eastern side of the city of Exeter.The office has convenient access to all major transport links.
To find out more about The Exeter visit www.the-exeter.com or find us on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @TheExeter
About the Role
We are looking for a Trainee Assistant Accountant to support our ambitious growth plans in providing award-winning Health, Life and Income Protection Insurance.
As a trainee Assistant Accountant, you will assist the Financial and Management Accountant in all areas of preparing a complete set of Management Accounts, and responsibility for management of the Cashbooks for all the company’s bank accounts.
A full development plan will be agreed with the trainee Assistant Accountant.
You will currently be studying towards, or be prepared to undertake accountancy qualifications (AAT/CIMA/ACCA).You must have a minimum of a GCSE Maths grade C, or equivalent.
You will be detail orientated, organised and timely, and have excellent MSOffice skills.
You must have the right to work in the UK without restrictions.
The Hours and Rewards
- Monday to Friday, 35 hour working week (7-hour day with 1-hour lunch). Office opening hours are between 8:00am – 6:00pm
- Starting salary of circa £18,000 dependant on experience
- Annual Company bonus scheme (Administrative Grade)
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays per annum
- Company Pension Scheme (employer contributions between 8% - 10% based on employee contribution of 3% - 5%)
- Free Private Medical Insurance, Income Protection Insurance & Death in Service cover
- Salary sacrifice schemes – Cycle to Work, Payroll Giving & Childcare Vouchers
- Access to the Perkbox employee reward scheme
- On-site cycle racks and changing rooms
- Free on-site car parking (some restrictions apply)
For more information about this exciting role check out our recruitment portal www.the-exeter.com/careers
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77555607