Junior DevOps Engineer
Friday makes really useful digital products and services for its clients. Our clients are all organisations that matter – with close, service relationship with their customers, in which digital is critical. We’re strategic engineers and designers – and we value velocity, ingenuity, collaboration and agility.
We are currently looking to hire two Junior DevOps Engineers to join our experienced, friendly and super Tech Savvy agile team.
Friday has a talented DevOps team who have experience designing and building large high-performance multi-tiered web infrastructure for Banking and Healthcare clients.
The DevOps team work closely with engineering teams to build infrastructure and support structures for a variety of projects and disciplines. We manage infrastructure using code, with active peer review and continuous integration tests.
The team will help you learn key tools and assist in growing your experience to building with time larger infrastructure projects,taking ownership of the projects you manage.F
This is a rare and exciting opportunity for a junior engineer who ideally has had exposure to Linux/Networking , to be closely mentored by a senior member of the Friday DevOps team.
What you’ll do:
As Junior DevOps Engineer you will be accountable for taking ownership in the Engineering and Administration mixed Windows/Mac environment and building Cloud platform in OpenStack and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
We are looking for ambitious Junior Engineers who are passionate about self -development and are looking to work in a cutting edge Digital agency where you can acquire new skills and take the next steps in learning tools such as orchestration, containerisation within a supportive highly agile DevOps team.
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Good knowledge and experience with Linux on the command line.
- Some knowledge of scripting is vital for automating tasks and tools.
- Strong analytical skills, giving you the ability to understand complex issues and apply fixes.
- A self -starter, who is friendly, motivated, eager to learn and hugely ambitious with the goal of taking their career to the next level with a leading Digital Agency
Nice to haves:
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC) or similar certification.
- Linux Automation: Ansible, Puppet, Chef Containerisation: e.g.: Docker
For more information on joining the DevOps team please send your CV via the application button