PR Assistant- Inhouse
Consumer PR Assistant
Location: Hertfordshire with an expectation of working 2 days a week from their London offices
Salary: 22-28k salary dependant upon experience
A British multinational grocery and general merchandise retailer is the third largest retailer in the world measured by profits and ninth-largest retailer in the world measured by revenues.
The successful candidate will be apart of a team who are responsible for creating award-winning PR activations for brand and trade campaigns. You’ll also support with PR-specific events, product placement and press releases.
- report into the Consumer PR manager and help with the development of a multi-layered consumer PR plan, aligned to the strategy and UK Marketing Communications calendar to drive a compelling and cohesive brand message
- work alongside the Consumer PR manager with the management of consumer PR events and activations to agreed budget and timings
- generate coverage and editorial content across media publications, online and offline, which is in line with the PR strategy and works alongside the marketing strategy
- help with the management of the Consumer PR budget, including raising POs
- nurture and develop existing and new relationships with key influencers and media contacts
- become an expert using PR media monitoring tools, using your natural inquisitive nature to develop actionable insight for the business and embed the insights into the relevant campaign effectiveness reports
- lead the sample management for PR campaigns and act as the key day-to-day contact for the agency.
Key skills and experience
This role could be a great fit for a PR executive in a consumer-facing role looking for an exciting new challenge – or an account manager in a consumer PR agency looking for their first in-house role.
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- to feel comfortable working with agencies and helping with budget management
- to be comfortable working in a vast business and a large team, as well the other marketing communications channels and campaign teams to deliver a compelling and integrated plan
- a proactive attitude to generating press coverage
- a solid understanding of the digital channels (even better, you’ll have experience working with them)
- a Bachelor’s degree or demonstrable experience; an advanced degree or industry qualification would be a plus.
To apply simple submit your CV today with a short cover note explaining why you feel your suited for this position and one of our team will be in touch...
Complete the application form below to be considered for this opportunity or share this message with a friend that might be interested and you could be eligible for our referral reward scheme!
Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date on jobs and news from the PR industry @CapstoneHill
Capstone Hill: Public & media relations, corporate & public affairs, digital, marketing communications, stakeholder, government & investor relations. Working across UK & Europe, North America, the Middle East, Asia and Australasia.
New York – London – Sydney – Melbourne