1st/2nd Line Senior Service Desk Analyst
1st/2nd LINE SENIOR SERVICE DESK ANALYST POSITION – GLOBAL LAW FIRM – BRISTOL. An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven senior service desk analyst – with noteworthy exposure to a professional, ITIL/SLA driven Service Desk environment – to work for ourselves, one of the country’s leading IT service providers, with very strong ties to high-profile organisations across a wide range of sectors, including, most notably, Law and Finance. The successful candidate will gain the opportunity to work on-site at one of key clients – a prestigious, Bristol based law firm.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To provide deskside support as part of an extended Managed Service. Additionally to provide 1st line support – phone/email – in the first instance for the particular office BUT also as part of the Global Service Desk Function.
The Individual will work with another Plan-Net person on this particular client’s site and will report into the Service Desk Management team within London.
They will be required to provide deskside support into the Bristol office where a remote solution cannot be performed either by the Global Service Desk or by the existing deskside support professional.
There will be a need to build desktops/laptops and Mobile Devices (BlackBerry and iPhone predominately) as and when required.
When not performing deskside activities the individual will be expected to log into the Global Service Desk and resolve tickets alongside their counterparts in London.
The split of the role is 60/40 in favour of deskside support, however the selected candidate MUST be prepared to act as a SDA in support of the Service.
HOURS OF WORK
The hours of Service will be 9 hours (8 working, 1 hour for lunch) and will typically be between 07:00 and 19:00 depending on shift rotation. There may be a need to work beyond these times on rare occasions and therefore the candidate will need to be flexible with their working hours at times.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a Service Desk within a professional environment
• A minimum of 1 years’ experience providing deskside support within a professional environment
• Strong front end customer services and training skills
• Advanced Knowledge of the use of and support of MS Office 2010 (MOS certification preferable)
• Advanced Knowledge of the use and support of Windows 7 (MSDST preferable)
• Previous support of BlackBerry’s in a BES environment
• Knowledge of PC/Laptop builds and software installations
• Previous use of a Ticket Management system
• Experience working with ACD Software
• Experience of working to SLA and KPI measures.
Non- technical requirements/skills:
• Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent multi-tasking skills
• Flexibility and an open mind
• Ability to liaise/co-ordinate with multi-levels of management.
Plan-Net is a leading IT service provider that has been transforming the IT of organisations, large and small, for over twenty seven years. We work with leaders in a number of sectors including, amongst others, Finance and Legal, providing high performing bespoke end user support solutions.WHAT TO DO NEXT:If you are ready to progress your career and join team Plan-Net please apply below.Shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77528547