Part time Actuaries - Life Insurance
Our client is a financial services institution, they are recruiting experienced, proactive, strongly motivated qualified Actuaries at all levels with a good knowledge and understanding of financial and insurance risk issues affecting life insurance firms.
Actuary: up to £56K FTE basic plus bonus & benefits
- Qualified Actuary with up to 5 years PQE
- Good understanding of the life insurance market in the UK, key industry issues and trends.
- Good understanding of the key financial and life insurance risk areas for insurers and the actuarial controls necessary to ensure these are managed prudently.
- Good technical understanding of areas such as Solvency II (standard formula and internal model), stochastic modelling and realistic balance sheets.
- Lead or participate in research and Specialisms work in key risk areas (e.g. credit risk, dependencies) aimed at developing house views of what constitutes good practice.
- Lead or participate in thematic projects by carrying out quantitative analysis on thematic data collection exercises and writing thematic reports on the analysis, highlighting key issues and emerging risks.
- Lead or contributing to proportionate risk-based assessments and oversight (e.g. Solvency II reviews and Part VII transfers) and apply well-reasoned judgement to identify risks and potential mitigation for these risks.
Senior Actuary: up to £87K FTE basic plus bonus & benefits
As per Actuary role plus:
- Qualified Actuary with 5+ years PQE
- Good knowledge in one or more of the following areas: credit risk, longevity risk, asset risk modelling, illiquid assets, or dependency between risks.
Senior Technical Specialist: up to £108K FTE basic plus bonus & benefits
As per Senior Actuary role plus:
- Deep technical understanding of areas such as Solvency II (standard formula and internal model), stochastic modelling and realistic balance sheets.
- Be a ‘go-to person’ and a specialist in one or more risk areas, but will be able to provide cross-department support.
- Provide oversight and peer review of the work of less experienced colleagues
- Write strategic and technical papers on complex technical issues, and be able to effectively present them at senior decision forums.
All three roles offer the opportunity to:
- be involved in specialist technical work and gain expertise;
- work with widely experienced actuaries and others in an intellectually challenging environment;
- use your skills in an interesting and collaborative environment.
Location: City of London
Flexibility: 4 or 5 days a week with flexible working hours
Excellent flexible benefits package and bonus