CASS Risk Analyst
The Client- A UK-based foreign exchange company that provides currency exchange and international payments is looking to appoint a CASS Risk Analyst who will work closely with the Directors and will help safeguard the company and its clients’ money and maintain both short term and long term compliance with the FCA rules. This is a brand new role tasked with the CASS regulatory compliance of the business. Data from various internal departments will need to be collated and evaluated
As a CASS Risk Analyst your main responsibilities will involve:
- Collate data from relevant departments and perform calculations of client equity positions daily.
- Circulate the daily CASS monitoring reports to Senior Management
- Following up on any actions/remedies that are required
- Periodically check the internal system to ensure that appropriate steps have been actioned
- Attend and minute all meetings regarding FCA/CASS.
- Update the CASS Resolution Pack as necessary. Review transactions on both the client and operational ledgers
- Collate relevant data to perform daily reconciliations and ensure these are held on file
- Operate CASS management software as appropriate.
- Have awareness of the timetable of transactions coming to expiry/value.
- Use data of trades coming to expiry/value and movements on bank accounts to identify potential breaches and take steps with the relevant departments to ensure that these are rectified intra-day.
- Providing assistance and support to the Head of Risk in any risk related matters, including:
- Research of clients’ financial positions
- Preparation of materials required to carry out financial analysis
- Mark to Market valuations
- Margin positions.
- Develop strong working relationships with various constituents within the company
Experience and technical skills:
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
- Research and/or analytical background which can be applied to a broad range of subjects
- Strong CASS and possibly wider regulatory knowledge
- Logical and systematic working routine
- Problem solving skills and the ability to deliver solutions.
- Strong educational background to at least degree level; working toward a financially related qualification is a plus
- Good personal skills – be able to work with colleagues of different levels within the company.