DevOps Engineer Cloud / VMware / Scripting
DevOps / Cloud Automation Engineer
Team Description & Purpose of Role
Interoute from the Ground to the Cloud - This is a new product team focussing on the system administration and automation of Cloud Products in a DevOps environment. Working out of Interoute’s Technical Services Centre of Excellence, the Cloud Product Engineering automate Interoute global cloud platform/products and makes these services unique in the marketplace.The Cloud Product team's ethic is very much ‘start-up’, move fast, change what needs changing fast, encourage ideas and use the good ones to move and improve. A challenging and fulfilling modern technology role that appeals to individuals with a passion for new technology.
- You are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people.
- You are able to work to tight timescales, either alone or as a member of a larger team. • You are a responsible individual with a desire to take ownership of a problem and see it through to resolution. • You have a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent experience in a technical field of study.
We are looking for outstanding DevOps engineers who will actively work on developing Interoute’s cloud products portfolio.
Ideal Candidates will posses 5 of the following skills:
- (Postgre/My)SQL administration experience (support, optimization, monitoring)
- Experience with Linux or Windows
- A solid understanding IP Networking from a server perspective• Experience with server deployment automation (cobbler, kickstart etc.)
- Experience with configuration management software (Ansible, SaltStack,
- Puppet etc.)
- Experience with the VMWare vSphere API
- Experience with Python-Flask • Experience with CloudStack or other cloud orchestrators
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77537858