Interim Lawyer – Asset Management (6-9 month contract)
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Asset Managers (£500b AUM) and have been winning industry recognition for their investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, specialist equities, multi asset and absolute return. Due to ongoing exciting growth across the business, an interesting opportunity has come about for an interim legal specialist.
The successful candidate will assist with legal aspects across the firm’s central clearing arrangements. This will include:
- reviewing, negotiating and drafting clearing agreements with service providers and clearinghouses rulebooks
- assessing the impact of regulation on the firm’s clients and business
- understanding the regulatory and market drivers for clearing
- assisting with client onboarding
- helping to formulate internal policies and procedures
The role will combine a mix of technical legal and regulatory work with some administrative and policy functions.
This is an opportunity to work at an institution that is leading industry discussion around clearing for pension funds and the development of new clearing models.
The role will likely suit an individual with somewhere between 2 to 4 years PQE, although suitable candidates outside this range will be considered.
- A good understanding of OTCs derivatives, repos or exchange traded derivatives from private practice, a buy or sell-side institution or market infrastructure
- Analytical and logical approach to work
- Strong team work ethic and influencing
- Able to adopt a pragmatic approach
- Capable of thinking logically and using initiative
- Knowledge of central clearing
- An understanding of client clearing documentation
- An understanding of derivatives regulation, particularly EMIR, MiFID II and/or Dodd-Frank