Lead Portfolio Analyst
As a Lead Portfolio Analyst, you will assist the team in ensuring the correct balance is struck between asset quality, planned portfolio shape and profit for the portfolio.
The Client: A well-established independent banking group with a strong personal customer base and a business banking capability through a UK-wide network.
This Client does not provide sponsorship.
- Responsible for own projects to ensure credit strategies remain robust.
- Produce recommendations for changes to credit strategies and discuss with stakeholders to obtain support and approval for implementation.
- Provide insightful MI and commentary on portfolio performance against business plans and forecasts.
- Provide MI for requests from regulators or rating agencies as well as providing continued support to key stakeholders across the business
- Promote and represent the team in cross-business projects and meetings.
- Develop improvements in processes used across the team to generate further efficiencies in team delivery.
- Manage and prioritise own workloads and potentially those of Credit Risk Analysts in the team to align work and deliver to priorities
- Ensure full compliance with all internal and external legal and regulatory obligations
- Highly numerate with a proven, logical approach to problem solving in relation to both business and technical issues.
- Evidence of strong communication and collaboration with stakeholders to foster continuous improvement and innovative solutions as part of an effective team.
- A good working knowledge of Statistical Analysis Software (SAS) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Relevant experience of both resource and project management.
- Exposure to credit decision tools, strategies and systems (Autoscore, Probe, Credit Reference Agency data).
- Experience of working in an Advanced IRB accredited organisation, managing portfolios to deliver required returns on RWA and profitability.
- Self starter with a good aptitude to understand and utilise new technical skills very quickly.