Application Sharepoint Developer
Tideway has a portfolio of COTS applications hosted on premise, SaaS applications in the cloud and bespoke applications built on Microsoft SharePoint Online & Azure Web services that support both corporate operations and construction of the £4.2 billion Tideway Tunnel extension to London’s sewer system.
We are currently looking for a SharePoint Developer to join Tideway. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting and enhancing Tideway’s portfolio of business software applications to implement improvements in business efficiency and productivity. The roles primary focus will be to support and develop Tideway’s core SharePoint Online solution and will work closely with business users and the Enterprise Architecture team to deliver small change projects and work on support incidents
Responsibilities for this role will include:
Process enhancement requests and bug fixes relating to Microsoft SharePoint Online in an Office365 and Azure environment.
Development of SharePoint Custom workflows, Remote Event receivers, Application pages and any other requirements as per change requests.
Development and deployment of Web Services in Azure.
Ensure incidents and requests are managed in line with agreed SLA’s
Responsible for the assessment, development, testing and implementation of changes
Plan and oversee application upgrades as required.
Work with 3rd parties to create proposals for enhancements and change requests.
Participate with out of hour’s standby rota to help resolve any major issues out of hours (standby allowance provided).
Configure development and test environments and build proof of concept demonstrations.
Configure and support all add-ins and third party products related to supported apps
Maintain up to date documentation on systems and processes. Adhere to Enterprise Architecture, Cyber Security, Change Control, Quality and Safety principles and policies.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Experienced in the use of SharePoint Server Side and Client Side Object Model
- Experienced in using Visual Studio, Azure portal, SQL Server Management studio, and Azure storage explorer.
- Experience of supporting and developing in an Office365 and Azure environment, deploying applications and working with Web Services in Azure
- Experience of using workflow development tools such as (Flow and/or Powerapps)
- Experience of using Microsoft Team Foundation Services
- Experienced in using REST and Odata,
- Comfortable working in an agile software development environment
Skills and competencies:
• Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills
• Writing functional specifications.
• Customer focussed and able to communicate with users
• Effective communicator and able to provide clear updates
• Strong analytical skills, attention to detail when issues occur
What we offer in return
•30 days leave
•Private Medical Insurance
•Company Bonus Scheme
•Matched Contribution Pension Scheme
•Cycle to Work Scheme
The River Thames is at the heart of London but in recent years, it has often been overlooked. Tideway wants to help change all that, and we want you to be part of our ambition to breathe life back in to our majestic river.
Tideway is a new company that launched in August 2015 with the sole task of cleaning up the River Thames by tackling the current sewage pollution, and more importantly, to reconnect London with its river for business and leisure.
It is one of the largest construction projects of its type in Europe but the Thames Tideway Tunnel is not just an engineering project, it’s about building a London that is fit for your children, and even your great, great, grandchildren.
Every year, tens of millions of tonnes of sewage pollution spills from discharge gates along the tidal river embankment, and that simply has to stop. Construction on the tunnel started in 2016 and will take seven years to complete.
You can join us to help clean up London’s river together by applying for this role
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77539317