Senior Marketing Manager - Tax
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an experienced, commercial and creative Senior Manager level candidate to join our Tax sales & marketing team, within the firm’s sales and marketing (SMT) function.
Our Tax Line of Service includes Corporate Tax, Legal and People & Organisation (P&O), with the Tax marketing team being responsible for the creation and implementation of integrated marketing strategies to drive growth through the line of service, supporting the firm’s agenda. We are focused on building brand reputation, enhancing client relationships and delivering attributable revenue growth across priority industries, segments, services and networks
We're looking for a confident and competent marketer, with excellent influencing and communication skills to have impact with senior stakeholders, able to represent the marketing capability within the challenging complex landscape of the business.
A proven track record of delivering impactful, integrated marketing campaigns is essential. You will also be able to demonstrate best practice across target audience segmentation, the development of compelling communications to those audiences, and clear examples of multi-channel execution.
Excellent project management skills are a must, alongside excellent facilitation skills to uncover fresh ideas and to shape campaigns which are embedded in the client agenda.
You will enjoy using your strong analytical skills, and have experience of capturing, analysing and developing recommendations based upon complex ROI data sets.
You will be a key support to the Head of Tax Marketing, a role model and line manager to members of the team and to coach and develop more junior team members to become highly effective marketing professionals.
About Sales and Marketing (SMT)
SMT is a central support function and covers all aspects of professional services marketing, sales support and business development. The prime area of focus for the function is to support the development and implementation of the firm’s market strategy and in particular to deliver:
- Revenue growth
- Enhanced relationships and networks
- A distinctive brand experience
The Tax business is a broad, varied & strategically significant line of service, responsible for approx. £750 million revenue p.a. It offers an exciting and challenging environment for the right individual.
About the role
This role will be responsible for developing the strategy and overseeing the delivery of go to market campaigns and projects within Tax. The role will holder will need to be confident with strategy development, audience segmentation, customer journey mapping, channel and content management, analytics and ROI measurement. Experience of digital marketing is essential.
The role will report into the Head of Tax Marketing.
- Providing expert advice to key stakeholders on the best approach, content and channel mix and is accountable for ensuring that quality and brand standards are exceeded.
- Bringing the client perspective and delivering the best of PwC to our key audiences through our go to market activity.
- Ensures that ideas and content are in line with buyer needs, co-ordinated across the business and converted to opportunities for value conversations, to strengthen relationships and deliver growth.
- Management of marketing managers and executives who are also assigned to deliver campaign elements.
- Accountable for, and oversight of, the campaign budget to ensure that all time and costs are directed in the most effective way.
- Provides innovative and creative best practice input, builds on and delivers good ideas and contributes to the marketing capability within SMT.
- Seeks new ways of discovering fresh insight and new channels to market, and innovates to engage with our audiences in different ways.
- Defines short and long-term ROI measures and takes responsibility for delivery and evaluation of ROI on all campaigns and activity.
- Works effectively with other parts of SMT - especially Business Development, Client Relationship Programmes, Growth Priority Campaigns and the firm’s Communications teams.
- Ensure that campaigns and activity are continuously improved and experience, information and knowledge are shared.
- Supports the Head of Tax Marketing to establish a high performing marketing team, and deal with poor performance as needed.
- A proven track record in the provision of B2B or B2C multi-channel sales & marketing campaigns.
- Extensive experience of creating campaign strategies that have delivered commercial value
- A pragmatic, positive, proactive solution-focused team player, with a natural ‘can do’ approach
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills, with the ability to swiftly build a network across peers, senior stakeholders and junior staff members
- Solid experience across new and traditional marketing channels, with extensive digital experience a must have.
- Creative and innovative approach.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams through change and ambiguity.
- Strong communications, writing and facilitation skills.
- Solid people management and coaching skills.
Internal firm services
In order to deliver a first-class service to our clients, we need first-class support internally. Internal firm services is a network of specialist support professionals and includes marketing, recruitment, human capital, finance, technology, learning and development, procurement, to name but a few. Each team plays a vital role in making sure we have all the right resources, services and technology across our business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.
Learn more here www.pwc.com/uk/diversity