Data Protection Analyst
At Sky Betting & Gaming we don't have Teams we have Tribes. Each Tribe is made up of small, agile and autonomous squads who work collaboratively with a shared purpose.
So whether you join our Bet Tribe, Early Careers Tribe or anything in between, you will work with a group of people with raw energy, natural talent, and the kind of spirit that helps us think big, act bold, and change the game.
It all means that we've created the kind of workplace that wins awards such as a place on the prestigious list of Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For.
What you'll do:
Supporting the Data Protection team, you will be involved in coordinating all day-to-day activities relating to Data Governance, Data Protection Standards & Policies and all things GDPR related for the European businesses of SB&G
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Managing all customer Subject Access Requests, including reviewing what is "personal data", applying exemptions and responding to the customer (with guidance from the DP team)
- Assisting with the creation, update, and editing of privacy-related policies and guidance documents
- Assisting with implementation of the Data Protection Champion network
- Assisting with the creation and delivery of general and bespoke Data Protection training,
- including regular training sessions for the DP Champions
- Assisting with various projects as required
- Maintaining close working relationship with Legal, Security and Audit departments to ensure continuous improvements to SB&G data protection strategy are implemented and maintained
- Preparing documents and agendas for Data Council meetings, including circulation and tracking of actions through to completion
- Managing and maintaining the content on the internal DP intranet pages
- Creating and maintaining process documents
How you'll do it:
You'll report into our Data Privacy Advisor but you'll work closely with many key stakeholders across the business including the GDPR project manager and Business Analysts, Legal, Security, Marketing, Audit etc.
- Knowledge of subject access requests.
- Good working knowledge of the Data Protection Act (1998) and relevant legislation coming through (e.g. GDPR).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable format.
How we work:
This is not a role which requires a legal qualification, it is more important that you have some knowledge of Data Protection and are keen to roll your sleeves up and get involved.
Based in Yorkshire, we have grown to become one of the UK's leading online betting and gaming companies. A business driven by bleeding edge technology, that brings the excitement of sports betting, casino games, poker and bingo to over 700,000 customers a day & growing!
It's a workplace like no other, with a mission to make Betting & Gaming better.
And we want you to be part of it.
Our People Ambition is to attract & develop diverse & talented people to meet the current and future growth needs of SB&G. Together, our aim is to create the Best Digital Business to work at.