Senior C#/NET developer
Our software team is responsible for developing cutting-edge scientific software to support the visualisation, interpretation and management of geochemical data, through a suite of integrated desktop and web products, which we intend to develop further for other application domains.
We are looking for a senior software developer with at least 4 years of commercial experience in developing applications using C# and the Microsoft .NET framework. We are specifically seeking someone who is passionate about good design, architecture, working practices, and the broader domain of software development; an ideal candidate will not only contribute to our codebase, but will also have an informed view on how we write software and work as a team.
You will be dynamic and keen to work with others, able to innovate and work efficiently across our product range on areas such as:
- data management using SQL back-end and web technologies
- data exploration using interactive visualisation, modelling and statistical data analysis
- mapping and handling of spatial data
- user interaction design and user interface development
We are a team that values people over process, as demonstrated by our flexible, professional approach and friendly atmosphere. Our team is comprised of driven people who combine deep technical expertise with a collaborative, can-do approach. As a member of our team, we will encourage you to get involved in areas of the company that interest you. We offer a competitive salary with a company bonus scheme. We encourage personal and professional development and will support your training and development needs.
Skills and requirements
- Good team communication skills, a desire to continually develop professionally.
- Demonstrable expertise in software architecture, design patterns, dependency injection, unit testing, and mocking.
- Full development lifecycle experience writing object-oriented software, preferably with the Microsoft technology stack (C#, .NET)
- Practical experience with distributed version control and continuous integration
- Expertise in an area such as: distributed systems, client server architecture, visualisation, mapping and database development.
- Use of Kanban and agile development methodologies, code review experience
- Experience of build scripts and other such support tools (e.g. PowerShell)
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer:
- A company bonus scheme
- A company contributed pension scheme
- Flexible working hours and opportunities to work remotely
- 10% of your time devoted to professional development
- City centre office location
- Relocation package
Established in 1983, IGI has grown to be the world’s largest independently owned geochemical consultancy company, providing its expertise to oil industry companies around the world. The company has built an international reputation for innovation in geochemistry project work, data compilation and software.
Please Note: IGI Ltd does not use recruitment agencies
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77541936