Legal Cashier – Full or Part Time – Working from Head Office in Altrincham
The main role of the Legal Cashier is to support the Accounts Department Manager in the provision of Financial Services to the practice by providing competent and efficient assistance.
· To support the operation of the firms accounting system and PAYE scheme.
· To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed.
· To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts and Client Account is never allowed to overdraw.
· To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
· To ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
· To assist in the entering of bills.
· To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
· To ensure that all authorised invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
· To deal directly with Clients when receiving payment by cash or cheque.
· To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving.
· To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
· To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
· To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
· Demonstrates sound judgement and good decision making when dealing with problems.
· Must have at least 2 years previous experience in a similar role working in a law firm
· Working knowledge of Solicitors Accounts Riles
· Strong administrative skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Good telephone manner
· Highly organised
· Willingness to learn new skills
· 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
· Flexible Holiday Scheme
· Free Parking
· Courtesy taxi from Navigation Road Tram Station for those using public transport
· Child Care Vouchers
· Eye Care Vouchers
· Free Conveyancing for staff
· Social Committee who organise regular nights out