DevOps / Platform Engineer
My client based in Central Leeds are currently recruiting for a DevOps / Platform Engineer.
The DevOps / Platform Engineer will have a number of years' experience in a delivery focussed environment and must be able to demonstrate:
- Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments
- In-depth configuration management, automation and Scripting skills including use of a Scripting language such as Python or Ruby, proficiency with Shell Scripting (eg BASH)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (eg Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
- Exposure to iterative/agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc.)
- Exposure to continuous integration and build tools
- Use of source code version control
- Excellent Linux/Unix system administration skills
- Understanding of software and infrastructure architecture
- Good database knowledge and SQL skills (on an enterprise database such as Oracle or EnterpriseDB)
- In depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms and cloud orchestration technologies such as VSphere, vDirector, Xenserver, Xen, Cloudstack and Openstack
This is an urgent requirement, please apply immediately to be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77521959