Senior Hardware Engineer - Analogue, Digital, PCB, London, c£55k
With an excellent degree in Electronic / Electrical Engineering from a top university, you will have since gained significant commercial experience working on leading edge product development or PCB development in the telecoms, data comms or aerospace industry.
Essential skills / experience:
• Analogue and digital design from specification, design through to test and manufacture.
• Experience in being part of small teams to deliver PCB board-level development projects on time and to budget.
• Familiarity with schematic capture tools (Altium), symbol generation and layout of high-speed multi-layer PCBs including micro-via technology and controlled impedance traces.
• Ability to capture requirements and distil them into a written specification.
• Knowledge of ARM / ARM CORTEX family of microprocessors and processor sub-system design.
• Knowledge of designing point-of-load power supply designs (linear and switching regulators).
Desirable skills / experience:
• Micro-controllers (Microchip PIC family) and Ethernet switches.
• Ability to liaise with and manage layout engineers and fabrication, assembly and test houses.
• Designing for test - DFM/DFT for volume manufacture.
• Knowledge of the product approvals process to meet CE, EN and DO-160 approvals (emissions, susceptibility, environmental).
• Designing hardware for either automotive or aerospace applications.
A self starter, you will have excellent communication skills, a flexible can-do attitude, and the ability to work independently.
Another top job from ECM, the high-tech recruitment experts.
Even if this job's not quite right, do contact us now - we may well have the ideal job for you. To discuss your requirements call 01223 813399 or email your CV. We will always ask before forwarding your CV.
Please apply (quoting ref: CW23882) only if you are eligible to live and work in the UK. By submitting your details you certify that the information you provide is accurate.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77516701