Trust Administrator required to join the Firm’s well established private client department to assist with trust administration.
A proficient and friendly disposition is essential with the ability to work well as part of a team and the aptitude to use initiative where appropriate. Previous trust administration experience would be preferred. The role is to assist legally qualified staff with the day to day management of trusts.
The role will include
- Overseeing compliance with the firm’s file management procedures.
- Responsibility for diarising and meeting key dates relevant to each trust.
- Ensuring that regulatory requirements are met and all required registrations are in place.
- Assisting in the completion and submission of Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax returns.
- Liaising with third parties such as investment managers, banks, property managers and other professionals.
- Administration of trust bank accounts and payment of trust expenses.
- Making payments to or on behalf of beneficiaries (in particular being responsible for regular payments).
- Use of practice management, accounts and tax software (a sound knowledge of Microsoft office is essential).
The Trust Administrator will work under the supervision of the practitioner responsible for each trust, but the role will involve direct contact with trustee clients, trust beneficiaries and third parties.
- A full time post is envisaged but a part time position may be considered for the right candidate.
- Salary will be dependent on experience.