Technical Architect (Javelin)
Travel: Possibility for travel to client sites throughout the UK
We have roles available across the following Accenture career levels depending on skills and experience:
Associate Manager: £42,000 - £70,600
Job Type: Permanent
Join Accenture and help transform leading organisations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance.
Accenture Technology powers our clients to achieve high performance with best in class established and emerging technologies. We are able to extend our technology and business capabilities by working closely with market leaders and innovators to provide our clients with the best specialised skills and tailored solutions.
With Accenture Technology you will deliver everything from point solutions for a single business function to large, long term outsourcing services, to complex systems integration installations spanning multiple businesses and functions.
We are focused on aligning IT with business priorities, enabling a digital Accenture and driving down the cost of IT, while working to provide all of our employees with the capabilities to run a high-performing business!
What responsibilities will you have?
- Working as part of a project team reporting to a Javelin Group project manager to define and document the application architecture for a variety of software development projects, including eCommerce website builds, Order Management Systems, Product Information Management (PIM) systems and other eCommerce-related software builds.
- Working closely with client technical staff to ensure solutions adhere to client standards and fit their strategic enterprise architecture.
- Definition and management of non-functional requirements, including working with others to ensure that they have been met.
- Definition and organisation of development tasks and accurate estimation of these tasks.
- Work closely with members of the development team to ensure that the software design and implementation meets the architectural goals and quality standards.
- Provide support to the Business Analysts and other project team members during functional requirements definition to ensure that functionality is both technically achievable and feasible with the project constraints.
- Identification and ownership of technical project Risks and Issues, including owning mitigation activities and resolution of issues.
- Undertake other duties as directed by line managers commensurate with the post.
What skills & experience are we looking for?
- Experience of the full software development life cycle delivering web-based systems in a Java based environment over multiple complex implementations.
- Experience of architecting software solutions with demanding non-functional requirements such as performance, high availability, reliability, security etc.
- Extensive previous Java development experience.
- Knowledge of a wide range of Java open source projects and components.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of object oriented design techniques and patterns.
- Knowledge of several standard software development methodologies.
- Knowledge of integration patterns and technologies (for example, Websphere MQ, Mule or other ESBs).
- Client interaction experience, including experience of running workshops with clients.
What’s in it for you?
All of our Technology professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialisation. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialised skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with others. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
On top of this, we have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days’ vacation per year, gym subsidies, private medical insurance and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice!
What are the next steps?
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
All applicants should be fully flexible between Monday and Friday and prepared to work at any of our client locations across the UK, this may mean staying away from home during the working week.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialised skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2018
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77514187