Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations. Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company and constantly leverages the energy of its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward. Headquartered in London, Burberry is a design, marketing and retail led business with a global reputation for innovative product design, digital marketing initiatives and dynamic retail strategies.
ABOUT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
Burberry is opening a brand new Shared Service Centre - Burberry Business Services, based in Leeds at their stunning new premises in the heart of the City Centre. This Centre of Excellence will be an extension of their Head Office in London and house core functions; HR, Finance, Procurement, Customer Services and I.T. helpdesk.
The Network Engineer will be responsible for supporting the connectivity into Burberry sites, encompassing local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), VOIP, Internet, intranet, and other data communications systems.
- Collaborate with the Network Architect to implement and maintain network specifications in line with the infrastructure architecture
- Collaborate with the Network Architect to defining network policies and procedures
- Forecast and track the fluctuations in demand for network services
- Plan and execute the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of network equipment
- Maintain effective network services by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilisation, throughput, and latency
- Maintain the global network, considering redundancy, diversity, failover technologies and expandability
- Maximise network performance by monitoring performance, resolving network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with network architects on network optimisation
- Work with store deployment Project Managers and ensure adherence to network standards
- Analyse and resolve technical problems for established networks.
- Serve as technical specialist in network problems and emergencies.
- Work with vendors to resolve complex network problems.
- Configuration, implementation and support of enterprise networks with diverse solutions from multiple vendors
- Expert knowledge of network technologies and their application across WAN, LAN, Wireless, Cloud-based VoIP, Voice, Network Security
- Experience with MPLS design, IP environments, firewalls, switching, routing, design redundancy, Cisco technologies, Load balancers, BGP, OSPF, ISIS, EIGRP, STP, VLANs, Dot1q, QinQ, VPLS (E-Lan), E-Line, DSL, Group protocols (VRRP, HSRP), understanding of access technologies (E1, Fibre, etc.)
- Understanding of network architecture design techniques, theories, principles and their application
- Ability to manage relationships with internal business customers
OPPORTUNITIES AT BURBERRY BUSINESS SERVICES
If you do not wish to apply for a specific role but would like to register your interest please click on the following link: https://rsbb.avature.net/talentcommunity
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77408080