Management Accountant - Watford (Part time)
Management Accountant - Watford
AJ Chambers are currently working with a friendly and growing team of accountants who offer a modern approach to traditional accountancy services. They are looking to add someone with excellent bookkeeping and management accounts experience to their office in Watford on a part time basis. Our client is flexible in terms of the working hours, but will require someone in the office for 25-30 hours a week e.g. 9am - 3pm, 10am - 4pm, etc.
- Reviewing and reconciling balance sheets.
- Review the nominal ledgers to ensure the correct treatment of transactions is being applied.
- Prepare VAT returns and management accounts.
- Manage allocated client work on a regular weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and ensure that the Head of Bookkeeping is informed of all progress.
- Ensure that the Client Manager is updated with the workflow, VAT, reporting and any standard issues that may have occurred.
- Report any issues to the head of Bookkeeping/Accountancy and agree on a plan before discussing this with the client.
- Promote the brand values of the organisation.
- Assist and supervise junior staff.
Skills and Abilities required:
- Experience using bookkeeping/accounting software (Sage preferred).
- Excellent communication skills - interpersonal, verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Being able to solve problems.
- Ability to share skills and knowledge with others.
- Ability to work in an interactive and diverse organisation.
If you are interested in this Management Accountant Role please apply direct or contact Beth Herbert at AJ Chambers.