An opportunity has arisen at a well-established accountancy and taxation firm for an enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Tax Semi-Senior. This position is at a Top 100 firm who take a progressive and dynamic approach to helping businesses succeed. The role is perfect for someone who has the desire to learn and develop professionally in a friendly and motivated environment.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing a portfolio of private clients (including individuals, sole traders, partnerships and trusts).
- Carrying out compliance work for personal and corporate clients of the firm.
- Liaising with other offices/departments as required.
- Liaising with clients as and when required.
- Dealing with HMRC as required by email, letter and telephone.
- Preparing form P11Ds.
- Ensure clients are aware of deadlines.
- Training junior members of staff as required.
- Identifying planning opportunities in respect of client affairs.
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries.
- Assisting the Tax Manager in managing the department compliance process.
- Studying towards OR ATT qualified.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Minimum 2 years working at assistant level in a professional firm.
- Knowledge of Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax.
- Good organisational skills.
- Problem solving approach.
- Effective communicator.
- Motivated individual.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of CCH Tax Software and Project Management.
- Knowledge of Trust Tax including preparation of Trust and Estate Returns, VAT and Inheritance Tax.
- Confident when dealing with Directors, colleagues and third parties.
For further information on this Tax Semi-Senior role, please apply directly or contact Hannah Patmore at AJ Chambers.