Robert Half Finance & Accounting are working with the Development Bank of Wales for the appointment of their Director of Finance & Administration. This role can be based either in their Wrexham HQ or Cardiff site.
The director of finance and administration is the lead financial and accounting professional for the Development Bank of Wales (DBW) ensuring that the directors and management team observe the highest standards of best practice in financial and accounting in both the private and public sectors. They manage the finance and procurement functions of DBW Group, its subsidiaries and associated companies to provide accurate information for the effective management of the business and to safeguard its assets. This includes inter alia:
- Financial accounting, reporting of outputs and KPI's, financial modelling, direct and indirect taxation, treasury management, corporate finance and audit.
- Ensuring probity and compliance with regulations and legislation.
- Procurement exercises as required.
- The director of finance and administration will coordinate corporate finance and manage organisation policies regarding core investment activities as appropriate.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Advise the chief executive and directors (executive & non-executive) on matters relating to accounting, direct and indirect taxation, forecasting, financial planning, treasury management and corporate finance and with lead management responsibility for the same.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business.
- As an approved person undertake FCA controlled functions to satisfy FSMA regulatory and compliance requirements
- Act as the company's anti-money laundering reporting officer & company's client asset management
- Management of preparation and presentation of annual accounts to stakeholders.
- Assist the chief executive and management team in managing relationships with financial stakeholders - Welsh Government (WG) and European Investment Fund (EIF).
- Lead and manage the finance team ensuring proper staff development, motivation and training.
- Lead and manage the HR team ensuring proper staff development, motivation and training.
- Act as lead contact with the external auditors and to manage the Group's relationship.
- Lead on all aspects of procurement and procurement processes as required.
- Manage the in house elements of the payroll process and liaise with the external payroll support team.
Knowledge, skills, abilities and experience
- Ability to become an FCA approved person for director (CF1), MLRO (CF11), CASS (CF10a)
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Ability to produce and manage budgets
- Strong, effective leader
- Knowledge of DBW and its activities
- Understanding of public sector finance, accounting and state aid requirements
- Strong IT skills, proficient at MS Excel spreadsheets
- Management of programme and corporate budgets
- In depth experience in an accountancy/finance environment with experience in a management accounting role
- Experience of operating at board level or similar
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a Finance related discipline
- Recognised UK accountancy qualification
- Driving licence
Competitive Salary + Discretionary Bonus Scheme + Benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement