Finance Change Manager
Purpose of the JobTo lead, manage and advise on areas of financial change within the organisation and to ensure that financial processes, procedures & systems are in place and fit for use on 1st April 2019.
Key Work Areas
- Leadership and management of the project:
- Lead the New Agency Finance & Procurement Project, ensuring delivery objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner and ensuring that FES is ready for the vesting date of 1st April 2019.
- Produce and deliver a target operating model for the new agency, both for transition and the future.
- Undertake any reporting to the Programme Board as required to demonstrate progress of the New Agency project – Finance & Procurement.
- Financial policy, processes, systems and procedures will be reviewed for compliance, effectiveness and compatibility with Scottish Government and you will make recommendations for how best to manage each element.
- Make recommendations for the appropriate governance needed for the new agency and working with other stakeholders you will implement this governance structure.
- Establish new reporting and delivery relationships with Scottish Government around financial reporting needs between both parties.
- Build and facilitate the delivery of a number of working groups involving both internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the vesting date of 1st April is met in respect of the delivery objectives.
- You will build and establish relationships across the business and with external stakeholders to ensure that the target operating model is the best solution possible for the business. You will make recommendations where necessary.
- In collaboration with other change managers ensure that the impact of the change project objectives do not affect the delivery of business as usual. You will apply challenge to any recommendations to ensure added value, strategic and business fit and practicality.
- Work with the existing Finance team to ensure a smooth and efficient transition process resulting in the timely production of the Annual Accounts for FES and FLS.
Experience and Professional/Technical Expertise
- Demonstrable experience of operating in a financial and business accounting environment.
- Demonstrable experience of managing change in a financial environment.
- Strong communication, influencing, writing and numeracy skills with the ability to work alone and within cross-functional teams, as required.
- Membership with an accountancy body, minimum AAT and significant experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of the principles and requirements of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Competent user of IT and proficient in all MS Office packages including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of Scottish Government financial reporting mechanisms.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing new systems and processes
- Good understanding of the principles and requirements of the Scottish Public Finance Manual.
Changing and Improving
- Be willing to meet the challenges of difficult or complex changes, encouraging and supporting others to do the same.
Making Effective Decisions
- Invite challenge and where appropriate involve others in decision making to help build engagement and present robust recommendations.
Leading and Communicating
- Communicate in a straightforward, honest and engaging manner with all stakeholders and stand ground when needed.
Managing a Quality Service
- Make effective use of project management skills and techniques to deliver outcomes, including identifying risks and mitigating actions.
Collaborating and Partnering
- Establish relationships with a range of stakeholders to support delivery of business outcomes.
Delivering at Pace
- Take responsibility for delivering expected outcomes on time and to standard, yet allowing the teams space and authority to deliver objectives.
For a full job spec and to apply, please click Apply.
Closing date: 19 November 2017.