Audit & Accounts Manager – Guildford
Levitate Recruitment are keen to speak with experienced Audit & Accounts Managers regarding an excellent opportunity in a Top 20 firm of Accountants in Guildford. The firm can poffer a structured development programme for ambitious individuals that wish to push through to RI status and directorship in the future.
- Work closely with partners in the planning and management of client work within the audit and accounts department.
- Work closely with clients to identify and agree both time and financial budgets
- Ensure all audit/accounts personnel are advised of the assignment budget and of key issues to be addressed; as well as ensuring the audit and accounts production is organised and planned prior to the commencement of the assignment.
- Produce and dispatch updated engagement letters to clients prior to site visit
- Keep directors and partner informed of progress ensuring that you maintain overall and proactive control over fees, WIP and debtors.
- Review the completed audit file, formally signing off each section and resolve outstanding issues with the client
- Ensure the audit file is complete and signed off by a partner promptly once signed documents received from the client
- Be part of the management team responsible for the supervision, training and development of the audit and accounts team
- Identify audit and accounts team training and development needs, as well as any staff performance issues, raising these with the staff partner as necessary
- Undertake a range of special projects to assist in the development of the practice and identify and pursue any opportunities for value added work
- Maintain a high level of knowledge, interpretation and application of audit and accounting standards and practic
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or QBE with relevant accountancy practice experience in a similar role
- Experience of charity and academy audit and SRA Accounts Rules reviews
- Proficient in the use of specialist audit, accounts preparation and tax software
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to make decisions, solve problems and take appropriate action
- Show understanding of the link between effective performance management and business results