Java Developer (Senior)
Senior development role in a team building the next generation global market data messaging system for one of the world’s largest IDBs. You wil be joining the Global Messaging Team responsible for delivering a new Messaging API for adoption across the organisation. An exciting opportunity to work with best of breed technologies and be part of a team who’s products are utilised across the firm.
We’re looking for an exceptional Java engineer, ideally with C++ and/or Python experience.Key responsibilities:
The objectives of the role:
- To work in partnership with the business/business analysts to identify key requirements for implementation
- To identify any technical requirements for new products
- To work with all the business and technology departments to ensure all business and technical requirements are met
- To identify and manage any integration work
- To analyse, design and build any such projects
- To provide input into the current and on-going system architecture
- To liaise with other development teams as necessary to implement cross-team projects
- Be alert to Conduct Risk issues, specifically the risk of harm to client interests, market integrity and/or competition in financial markets due to inappropriate practices or behaviours across the firm
To undertake and manage:
- Systems Analysis and design
- Systems development
- Systems documentation
- 3rd line production support
- To act as a mentor for more junior developers
- Minimum of 3 years development experience of Java
- Experience of C++ and/or Python highly advantageous
- Experience of high volume and low latency systems design and development
- Minimum of 1 year development and design experience in at least one major RDBMS (e.g. Sybase)
- Solid understanding of messaging systems architecture
- Recent experience of high performance messaging middleware such as Tibco RV or Solace.
- Experience of software development in a financial services environment advantageous
- Willingness to keep up to date with latest technology trends and proactively identify appropriate areas into which they can be applied
- API development or operations experience working with Solace Message Bus technology.
- Market Data server side development advantageous.
- Experience in addressing data lineage requirements.
- Microservice design and build.
- Team player with good inter-personal skills and confident communication skills
- Ability to work and function under pressure, handle multiple tasks, and shifting priorities
- “Self-starter” always looking to improve quality of process and deliverables and keen to take a lead role in that process
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77467792