My client is a leading Asset Manager who are currently looking to recruit a Risk Analyst to assist the risk management team in the fulfilment of their second line of defence obligations to ensure that market and credit risks are controlled by the business.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- To support the production and development of fund monitoring and valuation systems/processes.
- Carrying out research on market data in order to understand risk and pricing drivers.
- To support the production and development of portfolio risk reporting including the development of new ideas to improve risk oversight.
- To support the Risk Analysis team in the completion of its assignments and investigations with particular focus on new product and strategies.
- Bespoke requests as directed by the senior analysts or other teams across the business
- To produce and develop of Value at Risk and stress testing reports
- Provide valuations for the firms OTC and private asset books.
- Production and development of risk reports of derivative based products/funds limits and exposures.
- Supporting the Risk Management team in the completion of its assignments and investigations.
- To undertake other ad hoc projects as required.
What we are looking for:
You must have relevant experience gained from a financial institution/investment bank/asset management firm, as well as a strong understanding of financial markets. It is essential for you to be a self-starter for this role, with the ability to forge relationships with the business stakeholders. Experience in performing risk analysis is essential for this role, plus a solid understanding of OTC derivatives and collateralised credit exposure. Lastly, you must be able to demonstrate excellent analytical abilities, with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree gained in an accounting, finance, or economics