Senior Management Accountant
Robert Half Finance and Accountancy are pleased to be supporting our client, a successful US manufacturing business on the recruitment of an exciting new Senior Management Accountant position, based in Watford. It is essential to have experince of standard costing and variance analysis in manufacturing.
The Senior Management Accountant will be the number 2 position in finance and will be responsible for:
- Partnering with Business Unit Leaders with regard to the ongoing development of their financial knowledge and the preparation of monthly financial outlooks.
- Responsible for completion of monthly accounts and related analysis for distribution to Leadership Team and to Divisional and Corporate contacts.
- Development and improvement of the business Management Reporting.
- Understand what underlies the numbers reported in each P&L line.
- Ensure Inventory is valued correctly and in line with Corporate policies (Put controls in place around Inventory Management and Production Flow).
- Prepare commentaries and key ratio calculation for distribution to Leadership Team and Finance personnel.
- Drive process changes in the Finance area to ensure the provision of timely and relevant information to key business owners.
- Work closely with Manufacturing Team to understand and develop product processing times to establish full product costings, understand cell/product productivity and validate cost reduction opportunities
- Preparation of site annual budget in conjunction with site management team.
- Driving improvements across the site, adding value where possible and supporting the operations management team - i.e. business partnering.
We are looking for a fully qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) who has strong management accounting and analysis experience and ideally at least 2-3 years of manufacturing experience including standard costing, variance analysis and inventory.
Our client a successful US hi-tech manufacturing business.
Salary & Benefits
A highly competitive base salary of £50,000 60 £60,000 plus excellent bonus and package
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: https://www.roberthalf.co.uk/privacy-statement