Job Description:Work with budget holders in ensuring the business understands the financials to make good commercial decisions and drive down costs; Ensure shared understanding of cost drivers with budget holders and use this data to produce evidence based forecasts; Ensure accurate and timely consolidation of financial positions; support controls and governance to manage the resource provision. Maintain a suitable trail for budget delegations, spend limits, procurement considerations, segregation of duties, compliance with standards and governance requirements. Ensure financial information provided to managers is robust to enable them to make informed decisions. Double Entry Journals, book keeping and reconciliation to balance sheets. General Ledger, Oracle and Financial Systems, High level of IT skills (excel to intermediate level as a minimum). Full membership of CCAB accounting institutes, CIMA or recognised equivalent and compliance with Continuing Professional Development requirement of their professional accountancy body.
Key Tasks & Deliverables: • To produce monthly management accounts and statutory financial statements at interim and financial year end and provide business intelligence and other financial information to the business so that accurate and effective decisions can be made.
• To ensure that the MMO manages its finances in accordance with statutory obligations including HM Treasury guidelines (Managing Public Money), National Audit Office requirements and applicable International Financial Reporting Standards.
• To manage the production and provision of business intelligence, ensuring reports are produced on time and accurately
• To support the Finance Business Partners by providing financial analysis in advance of monthly and adhoc budget holder discussions, ensuring that the financial data is adding value through meaningful analysis.
• To lead, support and develop the finance team of finance managers and finance officers, co-ordinating team resources to ensure that the operational needs of the organisation are met and ensuring the team accurately manage the transactional finance functions of Purchase to Pay; Billing to Receivable; Reconciliation to Journal and Grants Claim Processing.
• To identify manage and escalate financial risks.
• To provide technical expertise to both the finance team and wider organisation in support of the day to day running of the business and ensure that resources are managed in an effective, efficient and economic manner.
• To manage the relationship with SSCL, the shared service provider and act as a central point of contact to ensure collaboration is effective and that they are providing a quality service to the business.
• To support the strategic budget planning and forecasting cycle so that MMO resources are managed effectively.
Full membership of CCAB accounting institutes, CIMA or recognised equivalent preferred.
Individuals who are Part-Qualified or working towards recognised qualifications are also eligible to apply and may be consideredThe successful candidate will have a valid Disclosure of Scotland or be willing to apply for one on CV submission.
Please Note: The lower pay rate advertised in this job description is the PAYE daily pay rate. The higher pay rate advertised in this job description is the highest Ltd or Umbrella Company daily pay rate that the client is willing to pay up to.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/77482475