As one of a team of five reporting into the London Functional Support Manager (2nd Line Support), the Trainer & Functional Support Analyst is responsible for delivering quality and efficient functional support to all users in Clifford Chance's London office.
Support is provided via a number of channels such as classroom-based training, eLearning, floorwalking and 1-2-1 desk-side visits.
The incumbent will be responsible for assisting the London Functional Support Manager in providing the right blend of these to ensure that we optimise the use of the team's time and resources, and minimise the impact on fee earners' time.
As the Firm moves to a multi device model, this support will combine focus on knowledge of our core business software and knowledge of the different devices that the software can be accessed from.
Whilst the team is London based and focused, it is also responsible for helping to ensure consistency of functional support to all users in Clifford Chance. To that end, some international support and travel is expected.Key Responsibilities:
• Provide professional training services to our London users and deliver high quality training material which optimises the use of team time and resources.
• Develop eLearning courses and other online tools to provide short, self-help methods of supporting our users globally.
• Take the trends and best practice from the consumer market (YouTube videos etc) and bring them in to the corporate environment.
• Increase the functional knowledge of our users through a mix of eLearning and written material, floorwalking and 1-2-1 desk-side visits.
• Own, resolve and escalate ServiceNow calls, working with other resolution teams when necessary. Where calls need to be escalated to another team, ensure that ownership has been transferred.
• Ensure that you continue to adapt to the ever changing face of technology, with users having services on many different hardware and software platforms.
• Maintain expert knowledge of our applications and their business use
• Ensure that all knowledge is documented within the Knowledge Base and disseminated to IT teams across the globe.
• Ensure that knowledge within the Knowledge Base is routinely reviewed and maintained.
• Maximise face-to-face contact with the user in any interaction, whilst being mindful of the fact that we are working with typically time-starved users.
• Provide a high degree of initiative and a willingness to accept ownership of tasks, keeping the client's interests at the forefront of all activity.
• Ensure that any issues are dealt with promptly and remediated appropriately.
Skills & Experience
• Ideally applicants will have a training certification such as TPMA (LPI/IITT).
• ITIL Foundation or above preferable.
Experience and skills
• Extensive experience of performing an IT training/functional support role in a professional environment.
• Extensive experience of delivering IT functional support using a range of different channels, including classrooms, eLearning, written material, floorwalking and 1-2-1s.
• Extensive experience of designing and developing eLearning modules (preferably using Adobe Captivate).• Extensive experience of delivering Microsoft Office and SharePoint related support/training.
• Strong working knowledge of the range of document production, management and forensics tools used in the legal sector.
• Extensive experience of consumerisation strategies and the range of BYOD related technologies that allow users to access business applications on personal devices.
• Extensive knowledge of Apple OSX and iOS, and Android.
• Highly professional individual who can thrive in a challenging and demanding working environment - the role holder will be a critical factor in helping users engage better with existing and new technology in an environment where the users are typically under high pressure.
• Experience of working in the legal sector or a similar professional services type organisation an advantage.
• Strong relationships skills. Confidence in communicating at all levels in both Practice Areas and Business Services.
• Experience of interacting with global teams.Written Communications
• Highly developed written communication skills and capable of producing global and sensitive communications to a varied audience.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77393832