Assistant Manager – Government & Infrastructure
Our Financial Management practice is a priority area for significant and strategic growth and the team works with leading organisations across Defence, Central Government Departments, Transport, Infrastructure and Business Services.
Working within the Financial Management team will provide an unparalleled opportunity to further develop experience in target operating model design and implementation, finance systems implementation (“cloud”), finance transformation, enterprise performance management, process improvement and change management skills, all of which are invaluable in today’s market place. Our go to market approach is business-focused and our solutions are developed around client issues.
As part of this team, you will be working with a broad range of clients from the initial diagnosis stage, strategy formulation and analysis, through to implementation.
• Business development: contribute to the development of and sustaining relationships internally and with client management; supporting the business development activity of senior members of the team (including shaping, developing, contributing to and presenting proposals/bids for future work)
• Engagement delivery: managing projects or work-streams of small to medium size and complexity (including analysing and interpreting data, drafting report findings and preparing and attending client meetings and workshops)
• Risk management: identifying and managing risks and ensuring the Firm's frameworks are implemented appropriately and effectively
• People development: monitor team members and accelerating development with particular emphasis on coaching and skills transfer
• Practice development: supporting processes and initiatives that are key to scaling the business
• Accountancy qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA, CIPFA)
• Experience in any of the key G&I sectors, including Defence, Central Government, Transport and Infrastructure either in a client facing or finance line management capacity would be beneficial
• Understanding of trends, issues and challenges facing the Finance Function
• Experience of working in client facing role delivering high quality work to tight deadlines
• Experience within a project/finance change environment
• Strong PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills
• Good communicator with the personal skills
• Strong people manager, able to lead small teams and develop others
• Flexibility to travel across the UK
• Eligible for SC level of clearance