We are looking for an Accountant to join our team in Harpenden. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking for a long term investment in their future.
Reporting to an Office Manager / Client Partner the incumbent will be a senior member of their client servicing team supporting the Client Partner in delivering excellent client service to their portfolio of Directors, Private Clients, Sole Traders, Partnerships and Limited Companies,
This includes producing / overseeing production of accounts, PAYE, VAT returns, Corporation Tax, Bookkeeping and Self -assessment tax returns,
The client base consists of owner managed SME businesses, associated directors, partners and private clients. The activities of client companies are diverse with typical clients having turnovers ranging from £50k to £500k.
The incumbent will demonstrate the pre requisite drive, aptitude and ability to assume additional responsibilities and be ready for promotion to Office Manager / Client Partner / Senior Management Team level within 2-3 years with the potential to become an equity partner.
- On behalf of the Client Partners produce / oversee production of financial accounts for Limited Companies
- Manage Sole Trader and Individual Personal Tax Self-Assessment Tax returns
- Meet client service levels
- CCH job tracking and reporting, including; utilising the available reports, creating recurring reports, creating one off reports, rolling the WIP ledger forward, job tracking system reports, outstanding event reports, database reports.
- Managing Inbound Leads including; updating the inbound lead system and tracking Inbound Leads, lead charges & cancellations and lead sources.
- Maintaining CPD requirements through the TaxAssist Academy and professional associations/training organisations
- Quality of work: accuracy, thoroughness, completeness. Assignments are completed using standard work-papers/templates to a high standard that are ready for review. Partners can complete their reviews and communicate with the client within assigned review budgets. All in and out client correspondence is filled in CCH documents management. Extra fields are updated as appropriate (fee reviews targets etc
- Productivity: assignments are completed within the budgeted time and costs (to achieve 3 X salary & NI fee target) which are always checked before commencing work. Colleague always checks the agreed Client “Record Quality” factored into client fees and escalates any issues with the Partners for resolution with the client before spending time.
- Client Development & Satisfaction: Clients worked on are satisfied with our service and would rate us an 8 or 9 out of 10. They would recommend us to their friends and family. Client concerns/issues are escalated to Partners. Client requests and communications are acknowledged within 1 day and fully responded to within agreed time frame. Opportunities to broaden our services to clients are identified. Where our services are appropriate personal contacts are introduced as new clients.
- Teamwork and Communication: Colleague is a positive and effective team player. Treats colleagues with dignity and respect. Communicates issues or problems within the team and with the Partners as necessary. Helps colleagues.
- Administration: Checks fees, raises invoices on time, follows up on unpaid debts, and completes accurate time records.
- Qualified / Qualifying in next 6 months (ACA or ACCA) with a minimum 3 years broad accountancy practice experience
- Demonstrated personal drive, desire, aptitude and ability to assume additional responsibilities and be ready for promotion to Office Manager / Client Partner Senior Management Team level within 2-3 years with potential to become an equity partner.
- Good working knowledge of Practice Management systems (e.g. CCH) as well as bookkeeping systems (e.g. QuickBooks, Xero, Receipt Bank etc)
- Ability to market, proactively develop client relationships and convert client prospects
- Driven and results focused
- A friendly, open personality with excellent interpersonal and client service skills
- A person who enjoys working as part of a dynamic team
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills
Working with TaxAssist Accountants
This is an excellent opportunity for a capable individual who enjoys working as part of a team to deliver excellent client service. The ideal candidate will be looking to develop their skills in a rapidly growing and dynamic business using industry leading software with support from a multi award winnin accountancy network.
Experience the rewarding and varied nature of working with small businesses and individuals in a friendly local business atmosphere.
Work for an employer who invests in colleague career development with significant opportunities for growth and development including ongoing training provided by the TaxAssist Academy.