Director of UK Risk
My client is a top global Corporate Bank based in the US and UK currently searching for a Director level role within the UK Risk & Compliance function. This team covers all matters related to regulatory compliance and risk management as the second line of defence for the UK branch of the Bank. The function also provides support to the future development in EMEA including presence in Ireland and Israel.
The Director, UK Risk Management (“Director”) is a newly created role within the UK Risk & Compliance function focused on our risk management framework and programme. The role will report to the Chief Risk Officer and be part of the leadership team of the UK Risk & Compliance function. They will also be expected to work with risk colleagues based in other locations, including California, both on the continued development of our risk management program and on projects where risk input is required.
As well as supporting the risk management program and associated reporting, they will be expected to collaboratively with the first line, providing commercial advice on a wide variety of risk matters and support the continued strengthening of our first line of defence. They will understand commercial banking in depth and risk across all risk types with particular strength in operational risk.
The role will likely be a Certified Function under the Senior Managers Regime.
The Director will be responsible for, working in close coordination with the US where appropriate, the following:
- Maintenance and update of the UK risk management framework and programme
- The quarterly risk report for the UK
- Maintenance and reporting on key risk indicators
- Completion of the top risk report and supporting documents
- Creating and carrying out a regular review programme for the Senior Manager Risk Dashboards
- Embedding and evolving the three lines of defence programme
- Maintaining appropriate risk scoring matrices
- Ensuring appropriate UK risk governance and oversight structures
- Risk training and communication
- Representing the UK Risk & Compliance function on projects
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Strong judgement and critical thinking skills
- Ability to synthesize complex information effectively
- The ability to work independently and challenge effectively
- The ability to build strong relationships and partner effectively with key stakeholders
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- An ability to quickly gain a thorough knowledge of the bank operations and products.