Assistant Manager - Investment Management – Risk & Regulation Consultant
My client is a Big 4 Consultancy firm looking to hire an Assistant Manager to deliver advisory engagements to investment management clients. Advice will focus on best practice in investment management across a range of areas including:
- Trading & oversight of trading
- Managing risk
- Ensuring compliance with applicable regulations
These projects can take different forms depending on the client’s needs, for example:
- Operational due diligence – reviewing operational aspects of an investment manager, including hedge funds and private equity houses. Areas covered include governance arrangements, trade life cycle, investment monitoring and oversight, risk and compliance arrangements, valuation arrangements, and business continuity planning / disaster recovery.
- Policies and procedures reviews – assisting firms with developing industry-leading policies (a set of guiding principles) and procedures (the activities to put a policy into action). These cover a range of areas from the front to the back office and take into consideration the firm’s strategy, culture and risk appetite.
- Investment operations reviews – reviewing a firm’s investment operations processes and internal controls to assess whether they are suitably designed to address key risks, and make recommendations based on our knowledge and experience.
The role also includes opportunities to deliver client presentations, contribute to thought leadership, work on business development, assist with project management and coach members of the team.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver high quality Risk & Compliance engagements to a range of firms including top-tier global investment managers, boutique hedge funds and star fund manager start-ups.
- Provide advice to clients and deliver value, based on a good understanding of operational risks in investment management and how firms can control them.
- Be seen internally and externally as a technical specialist, providing ongoing support and technical assistance to colleagues and clients, building long-term beneficial relationships.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge in areas of specialism and industry trends.
- Prepare and deliver presentations
- You will have knowledge of the financial services industry, in particular the investment management sector (including wealth management).
- You will have experience of working as a consultant or auditor, or have worked in operations/compliance at an investment management firm.
- You will have gained a good knowledge of either investment operations or compliance including policies, procedures and internal controls.
- You will ideally have an understanding of the expectations of the FCA and how this impacts investment management.
- You will be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment, taking on new challenges, grasping new technical concepts rapidly, whilst delivering work to a high standard of quality and demonstrating strong attention to detail.