IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Competitive Salary + Realistic Progression Opportunities + Technical Training & Development + Award Winning Employee Share Plan + Company Pension + Flexible Working Hours + 25 Days Holiday + Onsite Gym + Excellent Working Culture
CTS Global Planning and Delivery (GP&D) EMEA provides end to end delivery (Architecture, Project Management and Implementation) of systems and networks that Computershare’s products and services use both regionally and globally. We currently have approximately 30+ IT staff in the GP&D Group located across the Bristol and Yorkshire sites. The team supports 4500+ users among 28+ office locations.
CTS Globally have approximately 1000 employees, with approximately half of them in Oceania and the other half split between the Americas and EMEA regions. Each region is split into 3 major divisions; Global Planning and Delivery, Service Operations and Development Services.
The IT Project Manager will execute the planning, implementation, and tracking of one or more projects undertaken by the Planning and Delivery team. The successful candidate will work with other Project Managers to help promote and develop best practice. The Project Manager will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
· Manage projects in a proactive manner to ensure that they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality.
· Apply appropriate methodologies and governance to control project progress, risks, costs and quality.
· Ensure that senior stakeholders are engaged in projects, that key milestone progress updates are regularly provided and all aspects of the project follow the existing governance structure. There will be a need to facilitate and contribute to project board meetings.
· Create and maintain project plans and assume responsibility for communicating and updating these plans as projects progress
· Monitor on-going performance against key parameters, including milestones and timescales throughout the lifecycle of the project.
· Assess, report and manage risk and security implications throughout each project
· Ensure that any potential issues and risks are flagged and addressed in a timely manner to avoid overruns
· Preparing and getting approval for all key project documentation
· Organise and attend regular project update meetings, ensuring that action points are recorded and completed
· Gather requirements effectively and assist in delivering feasible solutions within rational timescales.
· Work with the Delivery Manager to forecast and secure resources at appropriate points during the project
· Liaise and communicate effectively with relevant teams within the IT Department and other stakeholders
· Coordinate implementation and system changes with CAB (Change Advisory Board) and Release Management Teams
· Collate support / warranty / Service Acceptance documentation ready to handover to Support Teams
· Engage with Transition Manager and Support Teams early and ensure smooth management of projects into service
· Work with Transition manager and support teams to define and execute early life support plan
· Conduct post-completion analysis of a project delivery, capturing and communicating any lessons learnt
- Solid understanding of core Project Management methodologies
- Has the ability and discipline to drive and deliver project milestones to plan
- Has a good understanding of budget management and resource tracking
- Is able to see the big picture and understands that set-backs may impact other dependent projects
- Have outstanding organisational abilities and an ability to maintain a balance between the bigger picture and the detail
- Positively adapts to change, is always open to new ideas, actively takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure
- Has an ability to focus on priorities and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Ability to embrace change within the project lifecycle whilst keeping delivery focused
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, business justifications, cost analyses
- Able to deliver quality presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills, able to voice their opinion and provide constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Able to communicate complex technical issues clearly and simply to non-technical staff
- Recognises problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions
- Uses consensus when possible, and communicates decisions to others
- Methodical and structured in their approach to tasks
- Is a positive individual with good listening skills who builds strong relationships, is flexible/open-minded, straightforward, honest
- Able to negotiate effectively, solicits performance feedback, handles conflict and maintains confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and able to work to a high standard under own initiative
- Customer service focused and possessing a strong work ethic
- Capability to organise and prioritise tasks
- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence
- Looks for improvements, monitors quality levels, takes action
- Create and update technical process and procedures as directed
- Broad understanding of IT Infrastructure technologies
- Basic understanding of Application Design & Development
- Have the ability to understand technical complexities and issues and to facilitate and communicate solutions clearly to non-technical people
- Ability to view technology as a Service to our customers.
- Ability to see the big picture and not get bogged down by small detail or blocked by small hurdles
- Ability to look at business requirements or challenges and translate these into achievable tasks and actions
- Experience working within operational frameworks such as ITIL
- Experience with Service Desk, Change Management, Incident Management, Capacity Planning, Service Level Agreements, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Planning
- Must be able to work in a ‘production’ environment and plan changes accordingly
- Significant experience in implementing and concluding IT projects, likely to have been gained through 2 or more years commercial experience
- Previous experience of working with structured project management methodologies (ie: Prince2, AgilePM, PMP)
- Have experience of taking responsibility for driving tasks/projects forward and will be resilient in the face of setbacks. Be able to demonstrate clear judgment and apply common sense
- Experience of working on large, complex technical projects in a 24/7 operational environment
- Have experience of reporting to and working closely with senior business stakeholders and project sponsors
- The ability to be task / delivery focused is essential as well as capable of delivering pragmatic solutions
- Experience of managing projects within a Programme of Work
- Managing budgets and resource
- Producing quality project documentation and reports
- Presenting and influencing senior stakeholders up to board level
- Ideally have experience of working within IT and Financial Services
- Ideally have previous experience of working with Infrastructure, end user computing, mobile devices, enterprise applications and/or financial services management systems
- Experience working within an ITIL framework
- Having experience of matrix management would be an advantage
- Project Management Accreditation (Prince2, PMP, MSP) or relevant experience
- ITIL certification is preferred, but not mandatory
- Computershare Technology Services maintains a culture and skillset of great technical expertise
- The Candidate will be expected to travel occasionally between CPU sites (National and International)
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
Computershare Investor Services plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Computershare Investor Services plc is registered in England and Wales No 3498808 and the registered office address is: The Pavilions, Bridgwater Road, Bristol, BS13 8AE.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/77379706